Sunday, December 21, 2014

Error Type: Skipping the uninstall step because the app for SharePoint is in an invalid state and cannot be uninstalled.

I was having a problem with deploying my SharePoint Hosted App into my Dev SharePoint environment.

I have updated my already deployed app and try to deployed it, for un-installation of existing it has taken around 30 mins and after that it has thrown the below error.

Error 1 Skipping the uninstall step because the app for SharePoint is in an invalid state and cannot be uninstalled.
0 0
Error 2 Error occurred in deployment step 'Install app for SharePoint': The provided App differs from another App with the same version and product ID.
0 0 SharePointAppBasics



I have opened the app host site and check all site content. Here i can see a greyed out list and saying that removing your app.



we can resolve the issue by using PowerShell command. Here the commands

$instances = Get-SPAppInstance -Web <URL>
$instance = $instances | where {$_.Title -eq '<App Title>'}
Uninstall-SPAppInstance -Identity $instance





No comments:

Post a Comment